Drinking water is important for any person but if you are on medication you might need to drink a bit more water than a person not on any medication. There are certain types of medication that can absorb more water from your digestive tract in order to work effectively.
You may find that you have a series of unwanted symptoms such as constipation, dry mouth, skin problems, changes in appetite and a whole host of others, however, these could all be rectified by drinking a little bit more water everyday. Of course you should check with your health care provider just incase you are having a reaction to the medication rather than dehydration, which in itself could become a problem over time.
One way to test your hydration level is to check the color of your urine. If your urine is a dark yellow then you are dehydrated and need to drink more. Urine should be clear to pale yellow to be at an optimum hydration level so you can keep drinking the same amount that you are now.
Why Drinking Water is Important
In a previous article I wrote about how water effects the body. If you want to find out more you can read my article The Importance of Drinking Water. If you’re struggling to get all of your water in you can also check out these 10 Sneaky Ways to Add More Water to Your Lifestyle.
If you have a sense of humor you might like some of these:
SHE’S EATING FOR TWO I’M DRINKING FOR THREE T-SHIRT by Teezpleez
Browse other tees made on zazzle
Getting a drinking bottle is a great way to get some more water into your daily routine. Amazon have a great selection depending on what your budget is. There are bottles from £4 up to £25, they are all of high quality but some are larger or have different grips or cooling options. Take a look to see what you prefer.
- Aladdin 0.35 Litre Aveo Water Bottle White Future Insights
- Camelbak Performance Bottle – Blue, 650ml
- HYDRACOACH Intelligent Water bottle – BPA Free – Orange
- Rucanor Fist Runners Bottle, Transparent – 300 ml
Dehydration can kill so it is vital to replace fluids if you are poorly or have been sweating excessively. I have written an article on Dehydration and How to Avoid It but I’ll also give you a load of resources so that you can rehydrate.
- Dioralyte Supplement Replacement of Lost Body Water & Salts Sachets – Blackcurrant Flavour – 6 Sachets
- Body Attack Lose H2O Dehydration Capsules – 150 Capsules
- Dioralyte Supplement Replacement of Lost Body Water & Salts Sachets – Citrus Flavour – 6 Sachets
- High 5 Zero Hydration Tablets 1 Tube x20 Citrus
Reducing Alcohol Intake
Drinking alcohol can make you very dehydrated especially if you drink a lot. If you are looking for some help in reducing you alcohol intake then I would suggest the following.
- Click Here! for the ebook on How to Stop Drinking Alcohol Without the AA
- Click Here! for the ebook Learn How to Quit Drinking Alcohol
I hope you’ve found this article useful. If you have any feedback please let me know in the comments.